How to review a Point.
The AverPoint Credibility layer lets you review the claims in major newspapers. To review Points, you must be Level 4 on AverPoint, proving that you have have a healthy newsreading diet. Here are the specific steps:
First, the basics
- Make sure you have the AverPoint extension installed.
- Click the blue browser button and make sure the setting “show credibility layer on approved news sites” is on.
- Now, go to a news article on an approved news site. (The extension's check should turn green.)
- Hover over a paragraph. You should see icons appear to the right of the paragraph.
- Read the article for at least 30 seconds. You can’t review a Point until then.
- Click the Review icon - the spectacles.
- The AverPoint widget should appear. Click the big blue button that says “Review this Point.”
- Decide if you think there is sufficient evidence to support the claim.
- Add evidence to support or oppose the claim. You can do this two ways
- In the add Point box, you can paste the link to your evidence.
- You can click “import” and select a Point from your research collections
Here's a video that show you how to Review a Point.